Wednesday, April 13, 2016

God, search me.

Lord , You have searched me and known me. You have encircled me; You have placed Your hand on me. Where can I go to escape Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way. Psalms 139:1, 5-5, 7, 23-24 HCSB http://bible.com/72/psa.139.1-24.HCSB

Reading through Psalm 139, the grandeur of God's knowledge of us and His willingness to take an interest in us has always amazed me. However, the thing that stood out as I read this today was the fact that God is the one that initiates in knowing me and it was never the other way around. It was God that took an interest in my life. It was God that knows where I am, what I am doing, what I am thinking. God just knows me. And the amazing thing is that He took the initiative to do so.

But not only does God knows us, He is there with us. He is the one that is encircling us. He is the one that has placed His hand of blessings and guidance on us. He is the one that goes before us and after us. He is there for us. His Spirit is with us. And as Christians, we have been gifted the Spirit to indwell within us as an advocate, as the One empowering and enabling us and as a sign of our relationship with Him. It is amazing.

There is no place I can be, no valleys of life, no hardship, no cave within my soul that God is not there with me. God is there. And the prayer for us is this, for God to search our heart, test whether we are aligned with His, so that He can change and lead us in His way. That is the prayer that we should have, a submissive attitude and being. God is here always waiting for us. God is here always wanting the best for us. God is there with a future for us. Now the question is whether we are willing to allow Him in to do so. He is here for us. And He will continue to be there for us. No matter our concerns, God has a path for us. And even if it is dark and hard, He will carry us through.

No comments: