Saturday, April 30, 2016

Enough

Remember this: The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously. Each person should do as he has decided in his heart — not reluctantly or out of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make every grace overflow to you, so that in every way, always having everything you need, you may excel in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:6‭-‬8 HCSB http://bible.com/72/2co.9.6-8.HCSB

In this world of consumerism and seeking of security in life, we often forget about the parts of life where we decide that we have enough and/or we are enough. One of the greatest stressor for most people and family is the idea of whether they have enough, enough to live day to day. This stress often times becomes a hindrance in what we feel we are able to do. This hindrance in a sense creates the parameters in which we live. And to go further out, it restricts our ability to be generous, to serve others, to bless others and to grow.

In my personal life, I have often bought into this lie. I feel like the ability to do and the ability to build comes from the resources and abilities that I have within. And when I look at life with that mentality, I am limited. Limited in my ability, limited in the resources I am able to muster together and limited in my reach. But I have comes to realize that life is not a sole project, it is a communal and relational effort. When we are all separate we function in part but when combined we are greater as a whole. But most importantly it is the fact that it is upon God that we look to and ask for the abilities and resources necessary. He may bless us directly with it or He may bring alongside others with it.

I guess the take away is this. If we look to ourselves then we are limited to ourselves. But if we look to God then we are limited by the limitlessness of God. If we do and work and build as God intend and be dependent on God, God's grace and blessing will overflow in to all aspect of our lives. We are enough and we have enough, not because of us but because of God.

No comments: